On all orders
- A self-adhesive tape made of butyl rubber compound protected by a polypropylene fleece • Excellent adhesive properties • Excellent heat stability • Excellent adhesion at low temperatures • High workability, plasticity and formability • Solvents Free
Butylene Fleece Tape is a self-adhesive tape made of a butyl rubber compound protected by a Fleece in Polypropylene. The tape has been developed for applications where it is necessary to have a high adhesion property on materials like concrete, gypsum boards and marble. Butylene Fleece tape is compatible with most common glues (cement and non-cement based adhesives) and it is ideal to be used under wood, marble, ceramic, etc. coverings. (users own testing should be carried out to ensure compatibility) Butylene Fleece tape is highly adhesive to all materials and especially to plastic, glass, steel, polycarbonate, wood and bitumen The product must be protected from U.V. rays. Variations to the product can include: Centre cut release liners, cut to edge release liner or edge excess release liner. Uses The product has been designed to seal joint between the floor slab and wall, both for bricks and gypsum surfaces and for use within some liquid water proofing systems. Surface Preparation Bu-tylene Fleece tape is compatible with most building materials, metals and flexible or hard plastics. The surface should be clean, dry, smooth and dust-free. If the installation surface is porous, a Primer will have to be applied.
Installation Prepare the surface and proceed as follows: • Choose the most suitable width of the Butylene Fleece.
- Unroll the tape until the desired length is reached.
- Remove the silicone release film that covers the adhesive part of the tape and position Bu-tylene Fleece.
- Press with a roller or a cloth pad.
- Protect the tape from UV rays within six months of installation. Dimensions & Packaging • Standard length: 10m.
- Standard widths: 75mm & 100mm.
- Other widths, lengths and thicknesses are available on request.