An elegant natural clay slate offering savings in both materials and labour. Simple and quick to install.
Dimension: 480mm x 326mm
- 593179: City Black
- 593180: Cardinal Red
- 593182: Old College Red
Westminster Slates conform to BS EN 1304:2013 Clay roofing tiles and fittings - Product definitions and specifications.
Westminster Slates have been rigorously tested in the Group wind tunnel where combinations of high wind and driving rain are used to determine the tile performance with respect to wind loading and weathertightness. Tiles will meet all the requirements of BS 5534: 2014 Code of practice for slating and tiling (including shingles), providing Redland fixing recommendations are complied with.
- Engineered clay slate with hidden interlock
- Tapered leading edge for an exceptionally thin appearance
- For pitches as low as 17.5̴åÁ
- Slates must be laid broken bond from right to left
- Slates must be hung on their nibs
- At left hand verges use LH Verge Slates and LH Half Slates in alternate courses
- At right hand verges use standard slates and RH Half Slates in alternate courses
- At side abutments, allow for a cover flashing and secret gutter
- Individual slates can be nailed, clipped or nailed & clipped
- Although the nail holes are blind, the thin layer of material covering the nail hole can easily be broken through when driving in the nail
- Always refer to FixMaster for a BS 5534-compliant fixing specification